I've been covering the PBA for 5 years now and I've had numerous memorable courtside experiences. Here are some random ramblings.
- let me get this out of the way... being proposed to in the middle of a halftime report LIVE at the Big Dome and viewed by millions of people on 2 networks is pretty darn memorable... now that that's out of my system..
- Just last week Coach Tim Cone, livid with his players for not playing the way he wanted them to (obviously), threw down his white board, and screamed "you're playing like you don't f****ing want this game!". Intense.
- Years ago, back in the NBN days, I was seated behind a table, between the official's table and the bench, Asi Taulava dove for the ball headed my direction, smashed against the table which smashed against my ribcage... Ouch!
- During the Crispa-Toyota reunion game, I interviewed Terry Saldana and he called his rivals' "squatters". On air! Hilarious.
- Busan Asian games. I was there after the National squad lost to Korea. We were all crying in the dugout. Players were crying. Press folks were crying. Heartbreaker.
More when I have more time... Hahaha.